In February 2009, I had to go to Hanoi, Vietnam to attend IEEE R10 Meet 2009 for 3 days. I had two options to take for flight, either Emirates ($1500) or Thai Airways ($800), I opted for Thai Airways to save the money . This time I had to go via Bangkok, following are few of the points worth sharing
1. Hotel within the Bangkok airport was awesome, though it was very costly.
2. Foot massage was good at Bangkok airport, my feet were shining like diamond , and I will try other massages next time specially face massage
3. While landing at Hanoi, I thought there would be Rikshaw coming to pick me up, but it was Camry :)
4. Hanoi is full of motor bikes; they have 2 million motor bikes and 5 million population in total.
5. I had in my mind that traffic sense in Pakistan is worse, but Hanoi proved me wrong
6. Motor bikes are also used as taxi . They charge 100 Dong / KM
7. They have currency called Dong. 1 PKR = 216 DONG. People get salaries in millions over there
8. Hotel Melia Hanoi was wonderful; I didn’t expect such beautiful hotel. It exceeded my expectations.
9. Its fun shopping there. When you bargain they give you such weird / cute looks that makes you smile / angry and pay them whatever they ask / run away
10. They have lake in the center of city, which is the dating point. I used to walk around that lake every day to get the tips
11. Halong bay was awesome place to visit. I liked the nature & it was drizzling and I enjoyed it more than anything.
12. In just US $35 package, I had 3 hours drive one side(To and Fro), 3 course meal, 2 hours boat ride and a tour guide :)
I also had an opportunity to visit Thatta and Keenjhar Dhandh yesterday; I will hopefully share the details…!!